CC in YouTube
YouTube offers creators several different options for captioning content. These are three options that I believe to be most helpful for educators and their students with YouTube content to create accessibility.
Edit Existing YouTube Auto-generated Content.This method ideal for:
- Creators with existing auto-generated content.
Upload a Transcript.This method ideal for:
- Creators who script out their videos as part of the creation process.
- Creators who use Google Docs Voice Typing to generate a draft transcript file.
Transcribe and Auto-Sync Option.
This method ideal for:
- Creators who do not have a transcript as part of the creation process.
- Creators with existing YouTube content that does not have auto-generated captions.